Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Decisions

"Bottom line is, even if you see them coming, you're not ready for the big moments. No one asks for their life to change, not really. But it does. So, what are we, helpless? Puppets? Nah. The big moments are gonna come, you can't help that. It's what you do afterwards that count. That's when you find out who you are. " - Whistler, BTVS

Been reminded lately that we are a product of our decisions. Sometimes stuff happens and there is nothing you can do about it. But alot of the times, we are just sleeping in the bed we made.

Who people marry, whether we buy a house in our price range, whether we go to the gym or sit at home and order pizza- these all have lasting effects. If you don't study for a test, you will likely fail. On the whole, no one wants to suffer consequences for anything.

I had a guy in my office on Monday complaining about punishment for testing positive on a drug test. (Pretty simple solution to fix that.) The kind of irrational logic that used to be reserved for teens who didn't use protection or middle schoolers driving without a liscense has now spread to the adults of the world. When did we forget that actions have consequences?

Last night was a 2.5 mile run/walk. I did okay but not as well as I would like. But I guess that is what training is for, right?

Because I don't get off until 5 today I will not be able to participate in any classes, so tonight will be my 40 minutes of cross training at the Mt. Trashmore Y. (I usually get off at 4:30, which means I can be at my Y by 5. When I get off at 5 the traffic is much worse so I usually can't get to my Y until 6.) Back on my elliptical machine tonight probably watching NCIS.

No comments: