Monday, August 3, 2009

I Wrote a Story

I am not a very creative person when I start with nothing. I can take a character in an already written play and make it my own. I can take a motif from a song and expand on it. I can paint by number. But give me a blank slate and I have a really hard time getting going.

For my final assignment in my Leadership and Imagination class we had to do a project that we felt demonstrated the essense of what leadership is. They are not due until Thursday but people have been slowly turning them in. There are alot of power point presentations, some photo shopped pictures and a really cool looking totem poll and quilt. But I wanted to do something that would be useful in the future, as I try to communicate what I have learned to people around me. And a fairy tale seemed like a perfect idea.

So now I have this thing I have written and I am not entirely sure what to do with it. I am having people proof read it to catch the errors. And I will turn it in on Thursday to get what will hopefully be an A. But since the desire of the project was to use it to educate people about the topic, not trying to make it go further seems foolish.

So, as Joss Whedon postulates, "Where do we go from here?"

No comments: