Monday, June 22, 2009

Kicking Myself for no pictures!

I actually had a really fun weekend and am very bummed I didn't take a camera around with me!

Friday night my friend Misty, her husband and son were in town. It's been about 2 years since I have seen them and I had never met their son, Ajoni, before. He's 18 months old and so much fun! We had dinner at Surf Riders on Laskin and went down to the boardwalk and hung out for a bit. An 18 month old looking around at the tourists was hilarious. It's been a few weeks since I was down at the beach, so it was nice to just go and walk around. After that, I went home and ran to the gym to do some weight training. It was nice and empty- turns out no one lifts weights at 10 p.m. on Friday night!

Saturday morning I headed to the studio to teach my first piano lesson. One of my voice students, Hannah, has been dying to take piano but her parents really can't afford it. So, for the summer, I agreed to go half piano and half voice to see how Hannah does. If she really picks it up and works hard I am hoping to make some kind of arrangement for her in the fall.

After that I fought the crowds at Old Navy to buy $2 tank tops and was also able to buy maternity clothes for my sister. Woo hoo! I have been wanting to do that for a while! I ran into my friends Laura and T.J. there so Laura helped me with the maternity clothes. My sister and I don't have the same taste, so a second opinion is pivotal.

Saturday night I met up with an old friend for coffee at Barnes and Noble, which actually ended up being water on the bench in front of Barnes and Noble since we couldn't meet until 9:30. She's a piano teacher, loves the outdoors, loves Jesus and is going to be an aunt in January as well. We have a lot in common so I am hoping the planets will align more frequently and we will be able to hang out. Our schedules are insane!

No comments: